It’s been so long since I blogged outside of manga and anime that I feel a little overwhelmed by all the potential stuff that is going on that I could ramble on about. I feel like the world is changing at an accelerated pace. Also too much has happened in the past few weeks. Here’s a list of stuff that’s clogging my brain:
- Tokyo Pop bankruptcy — what series are going to be left hanging and do I have any time to finish up the translation of some of the series myself? I probably don’t since I want to leave bandwidth for any new series from Bisco Hatori or Akane Ogura.
- What’s the heck is Akadot doing? — They are taking a great risk in changing what they sale. I can no longer visit their website without being greatly offended. But, I guess in the end, porn sells. So I guess, more power to them, but they’ve lost me as a customer and an advocate. Additionally, they just found out that they can’t sell porn though the Kindle, which their parent company admits is an important source of revenue. Oops…
- The Epsilon Break-in — Now I can’t trust any e-mail I get from any company.
- Osama Bin Laden is dead — nuff said. I’m not worried about retaliation like other people. I’m just relieved more than anything.
- Royal Wedding Curiosity — I saw the pertinent clips
- My iPad 2 –Flip Board has changed my life. I take my iPad 2 to bed with me. It’s my second husband.
- Ad supported websites are a lie. You can’t make much money from Google ads because less than .001% of visits result in the visitor clicking an ad link. It would be far better for me to sell advertising space myself.
Honestly, I think a lot of my blogging has become Tweets on Twitter. On Twitter I can write a few quick thoughts and let them float through the ether. It’s more efficient than “rambling”. The immediacy of Twitter is nice and I get more community feedback from Twitter than I do from this blog now that I’m on the outside world.