Tag Archives: dreamweaver

Omari’s Sister Translations is Live

Omari’s Sister Translations is live at:

http://translations.omarissister.com

I have only posted the chapters 4 and 5 of “Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen.”  I will post chapter 6 tomorrow and chapter 7 later.  I’m currently in the process of translating chapter 8 (I’ve been slowed by putting up the website — hahaha!).

Anyhow, I got to play around with some Javascript.  I used a modified version of the 3-state button code from the Negrino and Smith Javascript book and I did fierce battle with the tabbed panel script that comes with Dreamweaver.  I started playing around with a drop down menu for the chapter selection, but I decided that wasn’t necessary and went with links in the right side secondary menu column.  I felt it was better to get to the point, rather than have the user hunt around the UI looking for a way to read the chapter they want.  Yep … I had to remind myself to keep it simple.

Next is the tough part because I have to do specific page layout styles to fulfill the assignment requirements.  The current website uses a hybrid style.  I still have to make a page in which everything is liquid and one that is completely fixed.  My feeling is that form follows function so I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about matching functions for those forms.  I think for the liquid layout I will modify an existing page for mobile devices.  This makes sense to me because you don’t know how the different mobile browsers will render the page, so if it done as a liquid layout, the page will fill the width given.  As for the fixed, the only thing that comes to mind is a “print friendly” page.  So … whoo-hoo!  A “print friendly” might be a good opportunity to play with PHP … hmmm …

Anyhow, check it out.  I like the way it turned out :).

Advertisements

Omari’s Sister Website Update Done

Well, I finally did it!  I completely re-did my personal website.  I used Dreamweaver and all the fancy new tricks I just learned in the class I am taking.  I also learned how to use the new Adobe website tool, “Fireworks.”  It’s a tool that should be apart of Dreamweaver that can be used to mock up website graphics really fast.  Other tools I used were Illustrator for the title graphics and the flowers in the menu bar, Flash to generate the graphics for the menu and to create all of the galleries, and Fireworks for the content graphics.  I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out :).  I’m so proud of myself.  I feel now I can take on any personal or small business advertising website design assignment.  Now onto expanding my knowledge of javascript and some server side scripting so I can start putting together more complete solutions.  Anyhow, check it out!

Link

Snowball’S World is Live

Check it out!  It took me a total of ~12-hours from blank sheet of paper to website.  Most of the time was spent prepping the photos in Photoshop.  I had to fix the color, crop them, crank down the resolution, and resize the images to fit within the browser window and to reduce the overall file sizes.  I also did a little “magic” to some of the pictures.  Since this was part of an assignment, I had to do some goofy things I wouldn’t do  like use tables.  I’ve very pleased with the way it turned out given the boundaries of the assignment.   (I’m so glad I know Flash!!!)   Here’s a link.  Enjoy getting to know my guinea better and some more of my incessant cuteness.